“Homelessness is something you experience, not who you are.”
This innovative project started in 2004 and has been replicated in 220 communities around the country – and globe.
The goal of Project Homeless Connect is to:
- Provide immediate connection to significant human services for those at risk of or experiencing homelessness
- Create a vehicle for community-wide involvement in addressing the issue of homelessness
- Create a legacy event that can be duplicated in various sizes and forms throughout the year.
Project Homeless Connect is a one-day, one-stop event that brings together community volunteers to provide services for individuals and families at risk of or experiencing homelessness.
In Parksville, Oceanside Task Force on Homelessness has hosted this annual event the last 5 years during the second week of October – Homelessness Action Week.
DATE: Thursday, October 10, 2019
LOCATION: Parksville Community Centre, Chrysler Theatre
TIME: 12:00 pm – 3:00 pm
This community led event will provide a wide array of services including:
– Public Health Testing – Hearing Exams
– Pet Care – Employment Information
– Educational Services – Vocational Services
– Access to local resources and valuable information
Thank you to all the community supporters and service providers who are committed to this worthwhile annual event!
For more information on Project Homeless Connect and the Manual for BC Communities follow the link: